fedora-extras-list@redhat.com

Re: clamd handicraft work

Subject: Re: clamd handicraft work
From: Steven Pritchard
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:37:57 -0500
On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 12:00:23PM +0200, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> I can not say if it would be better to do the clamav-amavisd integration
> in an own src.rpm, or in the amavisd-new src.rpm.
>
> But I would prefer when the clamav related data and deps are in a
> separate (sub)package. Packaging should keep dependencies as minimal
> as possible: when non-core functionality has additional non-trivial
> deps, this functionality should go into a separate subpackage.

Packaging amavisd-new seems to be all about getting the dependencies
right though...

  $ rpm -qp --requires amavisd-new-2.3.2-5.noarch.rpm | wc -l
  75

Adding a couple of extra dependencies to get a fully functional (as
fully as Extras can manage) amavisd-new just seems like a good idea to
me.

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve@xxxxxxxxx             http://www.kspei.com/