fedora-extras-list@redhat.com

Re: fedora-extras-release

Subject: Re: fedora-extras-release
From: Justin Georgeson
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 22:35:45 +0000 UTC
Matthias Saou writes:

> Too bad though that it seems sysconfig/rhn/ can only take info from the
> single "sources" file, as from my understanding this means that the current
> RHN notification tool won't automatically be aware of Extras after this
> package is installed.

Add a post install script that does

echo "..." >> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

and a post uninstall script that does

grep -v "..." /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources > /tmp/sources.new
mv /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmsave
mv /tmp/sources.new /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

You could add some 'if [ $? != 0 ]; ...' stuff to rollout the changes if a
command fails, but it would mean that up2date can use Extras and the rhn_applet
will se updates.

:)