fedora-docs-list@redhat.com

Re: Attempt to Assist in the generation of the FC5 Installation Guide

Subject: Re: Attempt to Assist in the generation of the FC5 Installation Guide
From: Karsten Wade
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:53:51 -0800
On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 14:16 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I had suggested this to Scott also in IRC.  I think the process might
> work better (and be less exhausting for Scott!) if we use the Wiki page
> as a place simply to outline and make terse notes.  Then Stuart and I
> can do the actual "longhand" writing in CVS, and Scott can view the
> results at the webtest host to monitor and critique our progress.  This
> also keeps Scott from having to learn much about our style guidelines
> and cuts down on our workload too, since it's easier (I think) for us to
> write straight into CVS rather than convert -> merge (yuck) -> edit for
> style.  Just my thoughts, waiting for others to comment...

+1

Whatever works for you three, but that seems elegant to me.

14 January is the freeze date for content that relates to FC5 test2.  If
you want to do a coincidental test release of the Installation Guide, we
can surely get a link in the test2 announcement.

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject