fedora-devel-list@redhat.com

Re: Broken dependencies script at it again

Subject: Re: Broken dependencies script at it again
From: Tom Lane
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 16:44:37 -0500
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Are people +1'ing getting rid of the broken dependencies script
> altogether?  or +1'ing to predicting the future and stopping it before it
> breaks?

I thought the +1's were for putting in some circuit breakers, so
that when (not if) it breaks again, it won't spam the entire package
maintainer list.  We can predict the future to the extent of being
sure this will happen again.

The thing is useful when it's working, but it will stop being useful
if people get conditioned to ignore it.

                        regards, tom lane