fedora-devel-list@redhat.com

Re: Font rendering slightly degraded in recent rawhide

Subject: Re: Font rendering slightly degraded in recent rawhide
From: "Nicolas Mailhot"
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:48:04 +0100

Le Jeu 29 octobre 2009 18:44, Christoph Frieben a Ãcrit :

> 2009/10/29 Nicolas Mailhot:
>> You may comment on it, but do not expect Fedora to care overmuch about a
>> component that was removed in Fedora 9 (4 release cycles ago, for legal
>> reasons so it has 0 chance to get back in). For RHEL please go through RHEL
>> channels.

> I had already pointed out that this issue also affects the current
> default system font. Let's see what other people out there think about
> this issue. It's not like you are the supreme judge in this matter,
> and it's also not the first time that you show up as a hotspur on this
> mailing list ..

Why stop to this mailing list? It seems my nefarious influence extends much
wider!

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/No_bundling_of_fonts_in_other_packages_(2008-07-24)

http://www.advogato.org/person/yosch/diary.html?start=61
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/duplicate-font-file.html