fedora-devel-list@redhat.com

Re: fedora mini revisted

Subject: Re: fedora mini revisted
From: Doug Warner
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:17:07 -0400
On 07/27/2009 04:33 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> So what do people want out of a Fedora Mini SIG?

I recently got a Asus eee Pc 1005HA which was almost entirely supported
out-of-the-box with F11 (awesome!). I had to install via DVD-to-USB stick
since network didn't work in anaconda, but otherwise worked great once
installed.

I'd like to see a couple things:
* support for different "skins" which are easily installable from packages
(Ubuntu NBR's gnome view, moblin, etc)
* integration of Dan Walsh's xguest package with easy-to-customize guest
defaults (which skin to use from above, default firefox
preferences/extensions, etc)
* firefox: make meerkat extension [1] available and activated on install

These are just some quick ideas I've had while using my netbook since I've had
it for the past week.

I'm not sure of the status of Ubuntu's NBR gnome skin (ie, where it's housed,
how to package it, etc) but it would be great to get into Fedora.

-Doug

[1] http://banshee-project.org/~abock/meerkat/