fedora-devel-list@redhat.com

Re: Experiences with F8T2 on Thinkpad T61

Subject: Re: Experiences with F8T2 on Thinkpad T61
From: Tomasz Torcz
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:53:47 +0200
Dnia 23-09-2007, N o godzinie 20:03 -0400, Jeremy Katz napisaÅ(a):
> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 17:38 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > - Screen brightness is erratic.  The screen brightness applet appears,
> > but whatever controls I hit, brightness changes randomly up or down and
> > does not get fully bright or dim.  If I switch to a VC, I can control
> > the brightness, but ^@ characters appear on the display.
>
> This has been reported a couple of times-- Warren was going to try to
> track this down and get some better reporting of it I believe

 This is because changing brightness generate brightness key event. User
turn brightness one step down, event is generated, event is seen by
gnome-power-manager which turns brightness down, event is generated...
all the way down to 0 up up to max.

  This issue is fixable at HAL (hal-info) level. Please
update /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-laptop-panel-hardware.fdi
with you model number and also send patch to HAL upstream list.

Nb. this file in F7 still has a typo for other model ("Z31t" instead of
"Z61t")

--
Tomasz Torcz
Crocom Computer Systems