fedora-devel-list@redhat.com

Re: VESA driver hsync config problem

Subject: Re: VESA driver hsync config problem
From: Adam Jackson
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:00:26 -0400
On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 13:26 -0500, Ted X Toth wrote:
> I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear but as I mentioned in my original
> post I'm building and running the latest (7.2) with the XACE patches
> because of a requirement to run a trusted X. From what I understand this
> code base is what may be built in FC8 but you would know better than I.
> Hopefully you can still help me understand what would need to be done to
> get a xorg.conf that will function for our livecd :)

X is coming up.  GTK is crashing.

Run "X -verbose :0" by itself and notice how your X server comes up just
fine.  Then control-alt-backspace, run startx, and watch the session
fall over.

The reason GTK is aborting is because the security extension is
prohibiting it from doing things that it would normally otherwise do.
In other words, you asked for it, and you got it.

- ajax