fedora-devel-list@redhat.com

Re: Official list of major problems

Subject: Re: Official list of major problems
From: Richard Li
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:31:17 -0400

These faqs are useful, nice and good. But why are spread over the whole
world. As I said, if I don't find a solution in the CENTRAL location, I
Wouldn't listing the common problems be a denormalization of what's already in Bugzilla?

Not to mention that you have the problem of defining what "common" and "problem" are. As already noted in this thread, what one person perceives as a problem might not be perceived by another as a problem. And what's "common"? Define it too narrowly, and your list isn't useful to most people. Define it too broadly, then people have to search, and they might as well start going to Bugzilla then.

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I think it would take time for someone to do...

So, do you have any suggestions as to guidelines on what would go in such a document, and who/how it would get maintained? What's the relationship between this document and the release notes?

Richard