fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com

Re: Screensaver cleanup

Subject: Re: Screensaver cleanup
From: Adam Jackson
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:42:13 -0500
On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 06:39 +0000, "JÃhann B. GuÃmundsson" wrote:
> Has there been any thought cleaning up the screen savers?
>
> Get rid of those that were made in the dark ages and arent worth a GPU
> cycle on
> todays modern graphic cards and defaulting to more of an eye candy to
> enhance end-user(s)
> experience.

The only ones I have in the gnome-screensaver list are: blank, random,
cosmos, fedora bubbles, gnome feet, the blue pop are squares, and the
pictures folder slideshow.  Which of these are you opposed to?

Also, we've been moving more to a model where the screen just turns off,
in the name of saving power.

- ajax