fa.openbsd.www

Addition to FAQ item

Subject: Addition to FAQ item
From: Jacob Appelbaum
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:54:10 UTC
Newsgroups: fa.openbsd.www

Hi,

I forgot to install xbase.tgz when I did my CD install of OpenBSD 4.4.
While this isn't impossible to fix, I hadn't ever solved this specific
problem before...

I found this FAQ item and I noticed that it had a fix for people *with*
the CD:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#AddFileSet

I am however not near my CD and my server long ago ejected the disk. I
think it might be useful to update the FAQ to include something like the
following for people without the CD (that are also using AMD64,
obviously other users wouldn't use amd64 unless they needed it):

####

ftp ftp.openbsd.org
ftp> cd pub/OpenBSD/4.4/amd64/
get xbase44.tgz
su
tar zvphf xbase44.tgz

####

It might also be worth noting that this has no MD5 checksum for xbase
and as such there is no reason to download the MD5 file at all.

Best,
Jacob