fa.netbsd.tech.net

Re: multiple rx/tx rings and interrupt delivery on newer nics

Subject: Re: multiple rx/tx rings and interrupt delivery on newer nics
From: Darren Reed
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 05:03:22 UTC
Newsgroups: fa.netbsd.tech.net

Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
On 6/14/07, Darren Reed <darrenr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, I do...the people working on the project are my co-workers, so
this is about as involved in any NetBSD stuff as I can realisticly be.
The project to do this is known as "crossbow" and is hosted on
the opensolaris.org website at:
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/crossbow/

Darren

http://www.xensource.com/files/xensummit_4/xen-ny-summit-smartnic_Pratt.pdf

Exactly. I believe the Solaris approach is to define vnics as being the bottom side of what interfaces with Xen. Combine this with what the crossbow project is delivering in terms of control of descriptor rings and you can fill in the blanks.

Darren