fa.netbsd.tech.net

Re: multiple rx/tx rings and interrupt delivery on newer nics

Subject: Re: multiple rx/tx rings and interrupt delivery on newer nics
From: Jason Thorpe
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:09:18 UTC
Newsgroups: fa.netbsd.tech.net

On Jun 13, 2007, at 1:12 AM, Darren Reed wrote:

Has anyone started to think about how NetBSD can take advantage
of NICs that have a larger number of rx/tx descriptor rings,
and/or MSI interrupts?

I've been thinking about it. Don't have anything concrete yet. I think the first priority should be supporting MSI interrupts, tho.

For example, would this get tied in with ALTQ or something else?

Should I be able to dedicate a rx/tx ring pair to http traffic
and another to ssh, etc?

...but to do any of that will require some sort of framework.

Darren

-- thorpej