fa.netbsd.tech.kern

Re: RAIDframe nested autoconfiguration

Subject: Re: RAIDframe nested autoconfiguration
From: der Mouse
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:26:40 UTC
Newsgroups: fa.netbsd.tech.kern

>> In passing, is there a way to boot with raid autoconfiguration
>> suppressed?
> One might think that booting with -c and doing "disable raid" or
> "disable raid0" at the userconf(4) prompt would do something, and one
> would be wrong.  This should probably be fixed.

Well...I'd only semi-expect that, because raid does not appear in the
autoconf device tree.  (I've sometimes wondered why we don't have a
pseudo-bus for pseudo-devices to attach to, to bring them into the
autoconf tree.  One advantage would be that things like this would come
for free.  I did a pseudo-bus at one point for 1.4T; it seemed to
require per-port fiddling, and I pretty much dropped it.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx