fa.netbsd.tech.kern

Re: deadlocks, many processes in sleepq_block

Subject: Re: deadlocks, many processes in sleepq_block
From: Anthony Mallet
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:05:00 UTC
Newsgroups: fa.netbsd.tech.kern

Andrew Doran writes:
| > > mutex_owned(&l->l_swaplock) failed: file uvm/uvm_glue.c, line 482
|
| Shame, be nice to have seen a backtrace from that one.

I triggered it with two tar (under X11) over two NFS mount points
   tar cvf /dev/null /home       (about 80Go)
   tar cvf /dev/null /usr/local  (about 10Go)

I was able to get the assert two times by just leaving the machine alone
for 10 minutes or so, so it might be easy to trigger it once more. I
don't know exactly why but running the same tar in the console didn't
trigger anything.

I will try to plug a PS/2 keyboard and see if it helps for ddb.
Or if someone can teach me how to plug a second usb keyboard and have it
attached to VT1 ...

Regards,
-- Anthony