enigma-devel@nongnu.org

Re: [Enigma-devel] Compiling Enigma on Solaris 10 x86

Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Compiling Enigma on Solaris 10 x86
From: Moinak Ghosh
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:44:57 +0530
Hi,

  Sure, I can test with gcc on Solaris. Also I am ready to provide
whatever help is needed to ensure that Enigma works out of the box
on Solaris on both Sparc and X86/AMD platforms, since I have full
access to these platforms.

As it stands  Engima will be  built on Sparc soon.

Regards,
Moinak.

Tacvek wrote:

Is there any way that you could test using the GNU toolchain? AFAIK gcc compiles fine on x86_64-*-Solaris2.10, so this should be possible. Compiling like that would tell us which parts of that patch are true AMD64-Solaris 10 requirements, and which are just problems with the compiler. (The difference is important for knowing the best way to merge the patches into Enigma.) Also AFAIK Enigma does not have any developers with access to that particular platform, so of course no form of official support is available, however it is most definately a goal of the Enigma project to be very portable, and compile out-of-the-box on as many platforms as possible.