Re: [Ekiga-list] Need Help: Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Communicate STX

Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] Need Help: Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Communicate STX
From: Bret Busby
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:37:37 +0800 WST
On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

 When I invoke Ekiga-3.2.4 a message box pops up telling me that the
installed video driver (v4l) does not support the colors used by Ekiga. The
camera is a Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Communicate STX and works for others
running Slackware and other distributions.

 I built and tried CamStream to see if that would help me learn what the
problem with the video could be, but all I get from that application is a
black window and text in the console telling me:

W: VDLinux::run() VIDIOCMCAPTURE failed (Invalid argument)
W: run(): VIDIOCSYNC(1) failed (Invalid argument)

 I want to get this working so I can use Ekiga for video conferences with
clients. I've not before used a video camera on my system so I've no idea
where to start looking.

I have ekiga 2.0.12 running on Ubuntu 8.04, with one of those webcams, and the testing seems to work okay.

I haven't actually used the setup for real calls (I have no-one that I know, who has Ekiga) using Ekiga, but, as I said, the testing of the device and the software apparently show it to work okay.

Bret Busby
West Australia

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,