ekiga-list@gnome.org

Re: [Ekiga-list] remote video h323

Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] remote video h323
From: "Dennis G. Brown"
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:56:09 -0400
Sip does not work at all for the user I'm working with and does not
work correctly from my computer either.  It works perfectly for me
with h323.

We got a little further with her this morning.  She is able to
connect to the video conferencing system and enter the conference
number with the dialpad.  On my screen I see her name pop up but the
window is black.  I can hear her but she can't hear or see me.  So
here are the problems.

- she can't hear me.  Her speakers are working, I can hear her e-mail
prompts

- she can't see me.  When she pulls down the View menu the Remote
selection is grayed out

- I can't see her.  On her end she sees herself in the video window
so her camera is on and is displaying video.  It just isn't being
sent.

We've verified the correct Audio and Video settings.  The only other
thing I can think of is firewall issues.  We told the Windows
firewall to allow Ekiga through.  I haven't looked at other firewalls
(Google, Yahoo, etc.).

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot are very much appreciated.
Remember this works fine for me.  We're dialing the same video
conferencing bridge and using the same software (Ekiga 3.2.6 Windows
version).

Dennis