Palo, as per your suggestion, I upgraded to Ekiga 3.0. However, I'm still
unable to complete the echo test. Here's what I did in detail:
- I'm currently running Ubuntu Hardy Heron
- Yannick Defais has a PPA for Ekiga (https://launchpad.net/~sevmek/+archive).
I added his repository to my sources.list
- I prepared my system for compiling an updated Ekiga package:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get build-dep ekiga
$ sudo apt-get source ekiga
- I built the version 3.0.0 of ekiga
$ cd ekiga-3.0
$ ./configure; debian/rules build; fakeroot debian/rules binary
$ cd ..
- I installed the new version
$ dpkg --install ekiga_3.0.0-0~0hardy37_i386.deb \
I've attached to this message the file ekiga-3.0.log which contains the output
from a session in which the following actions were taken:
- started ekiga ($ ekiga -d 4 2> ekiga-3.0.log)
- Edit-->Accounts and activated ekiga.net account
- dialed [email protected]
- the call seemed to connect and then disconnected immediately
- quit Ekiga
Anyway, thanks for your help.
Until next time, Colin.
ekiga-list mailing list