ekiga-list@gnome.org

Re: [Ekiga-list] Newbie ekiga Linux problems

Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] Newbie ekiga Linux problems
From: "Oisin Feeley"
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:38:11 -0400

On 6/1/08, Mark T.B. Carroll <mark.ea@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Oisin Feeley" <oisin.feeley@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Mark T.B. Carroll <mark.ea@xxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
[snip]
>> 2. That your firewall is set up correctly.  The wiki
>> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router has a wealth of
>> information on the topic (although the first-time setup GUI should have
>> given you information about it you can run it again by
>> Edit -> Configuration Druid
>
> I have it set to use STUN with stun.ekiga.net - might that not suffice?
> The NAT test thing said "Port Restricted NAT".

That should be fine.  The other possible culprit then is that you have a
at your original email again I see that I missed this line:

"When I quit ekiga, the window closes but it just hangs and doesn't
 terminate."

So, it's quite possible that you have a previous instance of ekiga hanging
around.  You can check for sure with

"netstat -p -l | grep ekiga"

and follow it up with a "killall ekiga" or just kill the PID mentioned in the
<PID>/ekiga column output from the above.

Hope that helps, I'm out of easy ideas after that.

Best wishes,
Oisin Feeley