edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Cloning/Imaging

Subject: Re: Cloning/Imaging
From: Andy Figueroa
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:53:43 -0400
Clonezilla?

My own approach is "tar czpf /backup/path/edubuntuclone1.tgz ."

Do this from the installation root directory (works better when the system
to be cloned is shut down, boot from rescue image of your choice) and you
end up with a single file to be restored anyplace else.  Change hostname and
so on to match your intent.

Restore with "tar xzpf edubuntuclone1.tgz" into the new, blank, filesystem root.

Andy Figueroa