edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: LTSP with KDE ????

Subject: Re: LTSP with KDE ????
From: "Vu Nguyen"
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:37:57 +1000
Thanks.
Working on that now.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You should be able to choose your session from the menu on the bottom left (startkde). This will not change the default however. To do that I guess you need to do what Scott suggests.

2008/9/20 Scott Balneaves <sbalneav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 07:14:55PM +1000, Vu Nguyen wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I have installed the KDE on LTSP 8.0.4 but after that the thin client does
>   not load KDE, it is still in Gnome.
>   Could you help?
>   Thanks.

I think you need to set your default x-session-manager via the
update-alternatives command to default to KDE.  That should do it.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "There are many causes I am prepared to die for,
Systems Department |  but no causes I am prepared to kill for."