edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Is it just me, or is LTSP a mess?

Subject: Re: Is it just me, or is LTSP a mess?
From: Asmo Koskinen
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 19:26:33 +0300
kjetil knudsen kirjoitti:

> We have also the exact same experience. We are a big school with over
> 400 clients and 9 servers that run Ubuntu Hardy. [>8] I really like
> Ubuntu, but we have to have a system that really works and that you can
> trust beeing used by hundreds of pupils. K12LTSP did this....

This proves anything... We used to have Ubuntu 6.06+LTSP4.2, now we have
Ubuntu 8.04.1+LTSP5.

2 servers, both have 2 x Dual Core Xeon and 6G memory. LAN is fast. We
have 113 thin clients, HP t5125/5135.

Here is video about one classroom (12 thin clients) on the other day.
First some 2D games, then Gimp and then Flash games on the Internet.

http://blip.tv/file/1227903/

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.