Re: Is it just me, or is LTSP a mess?

Subject: Re: Is it just me, or is LTSP a mess?
From: Asmo Koskinen
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 19:26:33 +0300
kjetil knudsen kirjoitti:

> We have also the exact same experience. We are a big school with over
> 400 clients and 9 servers that run Ubuntu Hardy. [>8] I really like
> Ubuntu, but we have to have a system that really works and that you can
> trust beeing used by hundreds of pupils. K12LTSP did this....

This proves anything... We used to have Ubuntu 6.06+LTSP4.2, now we have
Ubuntu 8.04.1+LTSP5.

2 servers, both have 2 x Dual Core Xeon and 6G memory. LAN is fast. We
have 113 thin clients, HP t5125/5135.

Here is video about one classroom (12 thin clients) on the other day.
First some 2D games, then Gimp and then Flash games on the Internet.

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

edubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: