ecrit@ietf.org

[Ecrit] draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-00

Subject: [Ecrit] draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-00
From: Richard Barnes
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:17:13 -0400
As a follow-up to my "VSP verification" ideas in the location-hiding debate, I've posted a new draft that proposes several options for authorized entities to assert, and for proxies to verify that a call is an emergency call. The draft treats the problem in two parts, (1) the "authenticator" used, i.e., the information that proves that the call is an emergency call, and (2) the SIP messages used to carry the authenticator. Three authenticators are presented, including the standard "location + service URN" authenticator as well as two cryptographic options. For the SIP embedding, I've declined to list specific proposals, and instead listed some requirements.

The document is available at
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-ecrit-auth-00>

Cheers,
--Richard