ecrit@ietf.org

[Ecrit] NENA requirement: contact URI for resolving errors in database

Subject: [Ecrit] NENA requirement: contact URI for resolving errors in database
From: Henning Schulzrinne
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 17:54:53 -0400
In going through the NENA i3 requirements, I noticed that they require for address validation:

"If it is determined that an address is invalid, an error diagnosis should be supplied if appropriate, as well as a contact URI for resolving errors in the database".

We do the former, but not the latter. One possible solution that fits into the generic LoST model is to define a new service URN, say urn:service:address-correction, that can be resolved if the querier has an interest in doing so. It would then yield any number of tel, mailto and http URLs that a user could contact to fix problems. This avoids any special new protocol constructs.

Any opinions?

Henning