ecrit@ietf.org

Re: [Geopriv] Re: [Ecrit] Not-so-grand compromise on how to do endpointc

Subject: Re: [Geopriv] Re: [Ecrit] Not-so-grand compromise on how to do endpointcentric LCP without giving away the store
From: Henning Schulzrinne
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:09:40 -0400

On Apr 16, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Brian Rosen wrote:

I will make sure that we have a discussion of this in -framework. I do intend to note that LbyR is more fragile for emergency calls because the
dereference may not work in a disaster.

The VSP who wishes to validate takes on responsibility for failure to
progress a valid call that fails validation for whatever reason.

Wouldn't that typically be the ISP doing the authorization? (I don't want to use the term validation, since we seem to use that for a different operation.)

Henning