ecrit@ietf.org

Re: [Ecrit] RE: [Geopriv] specifying holes in polygons

Subject: Re: [Ecrit] RE: [Geopriv] specifying holes in polygons
From: Hannes Tschofenig
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:03:36 +0100
Hi James,

the PIDF-LO Profile document contains a section about shapes relevant for emergency services.
I wonder why it does not fit in there.

Ciao
Hannes

Winterbottom, James wrote:
I thought about this, but I can't see a need for a hole is specifying
one's own location. I do however see a need, and other have been vocal
on this, for specifying a hole in a service boundary. I thought that
Henning's document was describing the format for data and how service
boundaries are propagated throughout the network. If it isn't then I
agree with Henning, and another home would be good. If it is, then I
think a section at the end of Henning's document would be a good home.

I think just saying "take a look at GML" is a not a good idea.

Cheers
James