dev@directory.apache.org

RE: Usage of JDBM : Experience feedbacks

Subject: RE: Usage of JDBM : Experience feedbacks
From: Robert Mertens
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:14:54 +0100
Hi Florent,

I am using the JDBM as a part of the Apache Directory Server. I am switching from OpenLDAP because it's Berkeley did not always shut down properly. The JDBM seems to do the job, but does not seemt to handle emergency shutdowns very well(or is it the Apache Directory Server?). The BTree was corrupted when shutting down the machine it is running on when we, at the same time, performed actions against the Directory Server where we deleted entries. The result was that the Directory Server could not be restarted again without replacing the JDBM. I am waiting for Apache Directory Server team to implement a failover model for such occasions.

Best Regards

Robert Mertens
+46(0)702-793778