dclug@tux.org

[dclug] Senior Linux Engineer position

Subject: [dclug] Senior Linux Engineer position
From: "Douglas Munro"
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:09:28 GMT
We are an IT recruiting firm and one of our clients seeks a Senior Linux Engineer for a permanent, salaried position. Our client is an industry leader offering an exciting work environment and outstanding growth potential. They are based in Washington, DC, but the bulk of the work will be done in northern Virginia. Please review the requirements below and submit resumes, along with contact information and salary requirements, to dgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Seeking a systems savvy engineer interested in joining the successful team behind growing On Demand application hosting operation. This is a fast paced 24x7 operation that builds and maintains applications for name brand customers. We are looking for the right skills, ambition and experience combined with the ability to master multiple systems architectures concurrently.
Primary responsibilities:
?       Sustainment duties for hosting operations.
?       Support the implementation of new hosted sites.
? Administer applications; backup, monitoring and recovery processes, patches, updates and server utilities
?       Assist with systems documentation and run book maintenance.
? Fault and resolution, configuration management, change management and performance management. ? Assist in the creation and continual improvement of operation methodologies and tools.
REQUIRED SKILLS:
?       Minimum 5+ years Information Technology experience.
?       5+ years experience in a large production environment (200+ machines).
? Strong skills in Linux (SuSe or Red Hat, Windows 2003, IIS 6.0, Apache 2.0). ? Perform administration of Linux machines in a growing server farm environment (100+ machines) ? Perform administration of Linux machines in a growing server farm environment (100+ machines) ? Knowledge of HP Proliant BL/DL series servers, imaging and management tools or equivalent Dell/IBM servers ? Experienced with IP internetworking concepts and tools; DNS, IP Routing, IDS, MRTG.
?       Scripting skills in DOS, Perl, Python, VB, Winbatch a plus.
? Strong skills in troubleshooting and performance monitoring of processes, memory and utilization concepts. ? Goal orientation and action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined, good at adhering to policies, deadlines and project plans, organizing, communication and team participation.
Educational requirements:
?       Bachelor's (Computer Science or Analytical Discipline preferred).
? Vendor Certifications: Linux, MSCE (2000 or 2003), IIS, Apache, CCNA and/or CCNP. ? Must demonstrate interest in continuing education through work experience or personal efforts.

Regards,
Doug Munro
Account Manager
Phone: (202)962-0595 - Extension 103