dclug@calypso.tux.org

[Dclug] installing linux onto a toshiba satellite laptop

Subject: [Dclug] installing linux onto a toshiba satellite laptop
From: Phil Shapiro
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:52:29 -0400
hi group,

  a community member in takoma park, maryland, tells me his toshiba satellite
with windows xp is acting up -- and he'd like to install linux on it instead of
windows.

      i burned him an ubuntu cd, but was not able to get into the BIOS. (i
pressed ESC and then F1, but that didn't get me to the BIOS. windoze started
booting instead.)

     this person lives in takoma park near the subway. if there's anyone on the
list who'd like to give this a try, thanks for letting me know off-list -- and
i'll put you in touch with the person.

            phil

--
Phil Shapiro  pshapiro@xxxxxxx