dclug@calypso.tux.org

Re: [Dclug] Linux on Ibooks

Subject: Re: [Dclug] Linux on Ibooks
From: "Mackenzie Morgan"
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:04:53 -0500
Can you try yanking the hard drive and installing to the hard drive then putting it back?

On 1/30/07, Chris Otten < ceodc00@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Linux Peeps:

I have tried unsuccessfully to install Damn Small Linux and Ubuntu Power
PC to my friends Ibook.  It's a 350Mhz 128 MB RAM Ibook which I'm trying
to revive with Linux.

The thing is, it will never boot from the CD ROM despite my attempts at
startup to hold down all the special keys I knew of from my google
searches for booting from CDROM.

Am I missing something?

Does anyone have experience putting any flavor of Linux on an old Mac
Ibook?

Please contact me.

Regeards,
Chris O.
202-234-7075

--
  Chris Otten
  ceodc00@xxxxxxxxxxx

Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User # 432169
Hey, type this in the terminal!  It's really fun!
su rm -rf /