comp.os.ms-windows.video

Re: Blurry display on XP

Subject: Re: Blurry display on XP
From: mike
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 01:21:44 +0300
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.video, comp.windows, comp.windows.misc
Tom Hill wrote:
After reformatting the hard drive on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop and installing a freshly purchased copy of Windows XP Pro Upgrade, I find the LCD screen display has become blurry.
The characters on the screen are darker, thicker and fuzzier than before.
The blurriness got better after I made sure all the correct video drivers had been installed, and I downloaded the latest version of the DirectX driver (9.0c) and added all the current Windows Update updates. I then spent an hour on the phone with Dell checking everything else, a conversation that ended with an invitation to send the portable to Dell for further troubleshooting.
Thanks, but no thanks - I need this machine now.
This has to be a software problem - that's all I changed. Any ideas?
Try increasing your desktop resolution to something higher than typical setting i.e. 800x600 (I believe this is the default desktop resolution, after a fresh installation, looks fuzzy on my laptop)...