comp.os.ms-windows.video

how to set the parameters: preview rate and dwRequestMicroSecPerFrame??

Subject: how to set the parameters: preview rate and dwRequestMicroSecPerFrame??
From: Rick Y. Xu
Date: 22 May 2005 07:48:23 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.video
I am doing a project work concerning video capture
and image processing, and I encounter a few problems when working on
it. My question is as follows:
I found that there is a parameter in CAPTUREPARAMS called
dwRequestMicroSecPerFrame, which sets the "capture rate." And, in the
macro capPreviewRate, a parameter is set to dictate the preview rate.
My question is whether these two parameters should 'match' each other?
Say, when the capture rate exceeds the preview rate, what will happen?
Or, my understanding of dwRequestMicroSecPerFrame is totally wrong? I
sincerely need your help! Thank you in advance!
Best regards,