comp.mail.mutt

Re: combined html/ascii message: mutt shows html but not ascii

Subject: Re: combined html/ascii message: mutt shows html but not ascii
From: Christian Ebert
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:25:00 +0200
Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt

* Grant Edwards on Tuesday, August 12, 2008:
> On 2008-08-12, Christian Ebert <blacktrash@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> alternative_order text/plain text/html
>>
>> prefers text/plain over text/html.
>
> The problem is that no matter what order you pick, it's wrong
> half the time.  :)

You're so right, heh.

> I have text/html viewing configured to use w3m -dump (or maybe
> it's links, I forget).  For about half of the e-mail I get,
> that's much more readable than the text/plain alternate.  The
> other half of the time, the plain-text alternate is definitely
> better.

So how about a macro that toggles the settings:

# toggle alternative_order
macro pager ,@aoh= "\
<enter-command> unalternative_order *; \
alternative_order text/enriched text/html text/plain text
application/postscript image/*; \
macro pager A ,@aot= 'toggle alternative order'<enter>\
<exit><display-message>"
#
macro pager ,@aot= "\
<enter-command> unalternative_order *; \
alternative_order text/enriched text/plain text/html text
application/postscript image/*; \
macro pager A ,@aoh= 'toggle alternative order'<enter>\
<exit><display-message>"
#
macro pager A ,@aot= "toggle alternative order"

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]

_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  -->>  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/