cake-php@googlegroups.com

Non-caching of flash elements continued

Subject: Non-caching of flash elements continued
From: Michael Christoff
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 02:38:16 -0700 PDT
I was wondering whether the issue below had ever been solved...

http://cakephp.1045679.n5.nabble.com/Non-caching-of-flash-elements-td1279440.html

Basically the problem is that in my layout (default.ctp), my flash
messages are not being displayed.

Specifically:

Case 1
----------------
1.
In MyController.view1
I use setFlash and redirect to /my/view2

2.
Page redirects

3.
No flash message displays in the layout

4.
I switch to ANY view of MyController and no flash message displays

------------------

Case 2
1. In MyController.view1
I use setFlash and redirect to /my/view2

2.
Page redirects

3.
No flash message displays in the layout

4.
I switch to ANY view of a controller != MyController and * the flash
message DISPLAYS *

   << it essentially gets delayed by one page >>
------------

Case 3
1. In MyController.view1
I use setFlash and redirect to /**other**/view2
(note the *'s are just to highlight I'm switching to a different
controller's view, namely OtherController)

2.
Page redirects

3.
Flash message DISPLAYS in the layout

------------------

As Joel Stein mentions in his post (linked above) this only is a
problem for flash messages in the layout, not the view. ALSO:

<cake:nocache>
    <?= $session->flash() ?>
</cake:nocache>

does not work,

<!-- <cake:nocache> -->
    <?= $session->flash() ?>
<!-- </cake:nocache> -->

does not work.

I have also tried deleting the Cake cache but this does not work.

I do not want to turn off all page caching...

Is there any way to make cake explicitly *not* cache the layout if it
knows it there is a flash message waiting in the session?

Thanks for any help.

-mike

I have searched the web and seen this question come up many times and
never answered

http://tv.cakephp.org
with their CakePHP related questions.