cake-php@googlegroups.com

Re: Variables for Validation

Subject: Re: Variables for Validation
From: John Andersen
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 06:35:36 -0800 PST
I would say yes, as it follows the normal way in CakePHP and by using
the Cache feature in the model, the second call will just take the
same data from the cache instead of querying the database again.
Enjoy,
   John

On Feb 20, 2:43 pm, "Krissy Masters" <naked.cake.ba...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Sorry, everything is cached either in memory (Memcache) or plain file
> depending on the data pulled. I was just wondering if it made sense to ask
> for the same data twice in the same action (once for the view and again for
> validation) in these cases.

[snip]

http://tv.cakephp.org
with their CakePHP related questions.