cake-php@googlegroups.com

Re: using <select> onmouseup to update database

Subject: Re: using <select> onmouseup to update database
From: Amit Badkas
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:10:07 +0530
Hi,

I think you are asking this question at a wrong place as it is more of a HTML/_javascript_ related than PHP/CakePHP. Have you ever done AJAX using onchange in a simple HTML/PHP application using jQuery or _javascript_ etc.?

Amit Badkas

PHP Applications for E-Biz: http://www.sanisoft.com

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:04 PM, roundrightfarm <roundrightfarm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for pointing out I needed to use onchange and not onmouseup.

I know this is not standard cakephp.  I am new to php and cakephp and
found the form helper confusing, so I decided not to use it and just
code the html which I understand a little better.

how do I go about coding the value of the selected option into
onchange
<select $this/webroot; ?>/optional_share_users/select/<?
$user['OptionalShareUser']['id']?>/<?the value of the selected option?

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

cake-php+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en