cake-php@googlegroups.com

Re: find('list') with conditions of joined tables? --psybear

Subject: Re: find('list') with conditions of joined tables? --psybear
From: Yasir Arafat Hasib
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 14:40:35 +0700
Better to use Cakephp Association.

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Stephen <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I find the best way to deal with User hasOne Profile to find a users "own" profile is to check the $this->Auth->user('id') against Profile.user_id;
Other than that, you'd need to find the user via username etc and then get the user id.

2010/12/17 Flávio Ricardo <flaviobazana@xxxxxxxxx>
I don't understand why you are doing this.

I think if you had a model called User wich hasOne UserProfile the
more correct to you find a User and retrieve your UserProfile. The
other solution is you  change the association to UserProfile belongsTo
User and set a field user_id.

So you use $this->UserProfile->find('list', array('conditions' =>
array('user_id' => $id)));

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

cake-php+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

--