cake-php@googlegroups.com

Re: Auth Component - string to lowercase

Subject: Re: Auth Component - string to lowercase
From: Ryan Schmidt
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 07:11:07 -0600
On Dec 16, 2010, at 07:04, euromark wrote:

> those are more appropriate counter measures:
> a) inform the user that the PW is cs (maybe even in red for the DAUs)

I had to look up this "DAU" acronym. It's the German equivalent of the English
"Luser" which does seem apt.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dümmster_anzunehmender_User

> b) use JS to display red warning symbols if capslock is (accidently)
> active:
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/scripting/Detect_Caps_Lock.aspx

I was going to suggest this as well, assuming it must be possible to detect
that in JavaScript; thanks for posting a link to an article about it.

> c) communicate and educate it (especially for those DAUs^^)

I agree, the only way to get rid of lusers is to educate them. Or maybe take
away their computers....

their CakePHP related questions.

"CakePHP" group.