cake-php@googlegroups.com

Does every model really need a "name" field? --psybear

Subject: Does every model really need a "name" field? --psybear
From: psybear83
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 05:11:43 -0700 PDT
Hi everybody

A collegue told me some time ago, that every CakePHP model needs a
"name" field in the database. However, he couldn't really tell me
why's that, and I don't really find too much information about that.
So maybe this isn't true (anymore)?

Or if it's really the case, then what do you guys do, when you really
don't want/need a name for a specific model? Invent some imaginary
name field?

Thanks
Josh

their CakePHP related questions.