cake-php@googlegroups.com

Re: where can i find permissions to delete folders?

Subject: Re: where can i find permissions to delete folders?
From: "Max Dörfler"
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 15:11:16 +0200
Sorry, I thought you could delete the emty dir but not as long as it has a subfolder. Are you running a unix OS? I guess it's some kind of permission error. The directory you want to delete needs to be writable by the user the webserver runs under (usually www-data or something). I cant't go into great detail, because now I'm not sure what causes the problem. I thought it just was the rmdir thingie. ;) Sorry!

Max

Am 07.09.2010 14:40, schrieb Tomfox Wiranata:
thx max...

but even if it is empty i get the same error

is there maybe a file where i can set some paths free for deletion?

On 7 Sep., 14:19, "Max Dörfler"<max.doerf...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
rmdir just works on emty directories

     NAME
             rmdir - remove empty directories

     SYNOPSIS
             rmdir [OPTION]... DIRECTORY...

     DESCRIPTION
             Remove the DIRECTORY(ies), if they are empty.

"rm -r" would recursively delete a nonempty directory, but it's a
dangerous command to use :)

Am 07.09.2010 13:38, schrieb Tomfox Wiranata:

hi
i am getting a permission denied when using the rmdir function. but
just for a subfolder. like this. i can delete the folder 666 in
WWW_ROOT. "links/tmp/666
but i cant delete folder 666 when a subfolder is in it, like
WWW_ROOT. "links/tmp/666/attachments
is this a permission thing?
i appreciate your help :)
Check out the new CakePHP Questions sitehttp://cakeqs.organd help others with