cake-php@googlegroups.com

Cake can't connect to DB but only shows an error that there's missing a

Subject: Cake can't connect to DB but only shows an error that there's missing a table!
From: psybear83
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 05:00:53 -0700 PDT
Hi everybody

I have overtaken a CakePHP application that I have to optimize now. I
have installed it on my computer, but I could't get it to run properly
yet.

It tells me that " Database table acos for model Aco was not found.",
but the real problem is, that it can't connect to the DB! Somehow it
doesn't complain about that, but as soon as there's a table needed, it
notices that there isn't any.

I guess this is quite unclean, IMHO it should complain that it can't
connect to the DB.

Is this normal?

Thanks for help
Josh