cake-php@googlegroups.com

Building a 2-level relationship

Subject: Building a 2-level relationship
From: WhyNotSmile
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:09:31 -0700 PDT
I have the following structure:

Group - hasMany Users (user has foreign key called group_id)
User - hasMany Children (child has foreign key called user_id)
        - belongsTo Group (based on group_id)
Child - belongsTo User (based on user_id)

My question is this: is there a way to define the Child realtionship
to the group?  E.g., when finding Children, I want to be able to loop
over each Group and find all the Children in each one, but the Child
model doesn't know that Group exists.

I have looked at the Tree behaviour, but it looks like it's more
complicated than I need.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Sharon