c-dev@xerces.apache.org

xml catalog and redefine errors

Subject: xml catalog and redefine errors
From: "MENARD, Arnaud"
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:00:34 +0100
Hello everyone,

I am using xerces-c 2.7.0 and I have some questions about next release:

Is xerces-c going to implement xml catalogs like xerces-j ?

When I want to parse my xml schemas I have an error due to 'Invalid redefine'
I explain myself :
I want to parse a schema 'masterSchema.xsd' which includes 'elements.xsd' and
redefines 'attributes.xsd'
'elements.xsd' also includes 'attributes.xsd'
so when I am parsing 'masterSchema.xsd', 'attributes.xsd' is included twice.
That's why I have this error.

I had the same error with xerces-j but the last version (2.8.1) parses my
schemas correctly
Do you know if this 'bug' will be corrected in the next release ?

regards,

Arnaud MENARD

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain privileged
information.
If you are not the addressee you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any
of the information in it.
If you have received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the
sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be accessed by
someone other than the recipient, for system management and security reasons.
This access is controlled under Regulation of security reasons.
This access is controlled under Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000,
Lawful Business Practises.