c-dev@xerces.apache.org

Re: Validate memory buffer against DTD

Subject: Re: Validate memory buffer against DTD
From: Neil Graham
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:45:54 -0400
Hi Fabio,

Have you set the systemId field on your MemBufInputSource?  When the
parser finds something like an external subset with a relative URI
reference, it needs something to absolutize it against--and the systemId
is an excellent place to start.  Alternatively, have you set an
EntityResolver on your parser so that you can hand it an InputSource
encapsulating your external subset?

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
Manager, XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@xxxxxxxxxx

Fabio Arrebola <fvarrebola@xxxxxxxxx>
07/13/2005 06:58 PM
Please respond to
c-dev

c-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Validate memory buffer against DTD

Hi,

I have a XML input buffer that has the DOCTYPE flag and when I do its
parsing (memory) using XercesDOMParser I get and exception.
However, when I remove the DOCTYPE flag from the input buffer the
parsing goes ok. If I add the DTD specification to the input buffer it
also does the parsing with no errors.

Well, the question is: how do I validate a memory buffer that has the
DOCTYPE flag against its DTD?

Thanks in advance.