c++-sig@python.org

Re: [C++-sig] Extending Python with not-basic-c++

Subject: Re: [C++-sig] Extending Python with not-basic-c++
From: David Sveningsson
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 17:18:02 +0100
Stefan Seefeld skrev:

> No, you have to link with the (hopefully shared) library that contains
> AutoreleasePool.o.
> That will only make your 'Core.so' python module aware of the library, so the
> dynamic
> loader (presumably ld.so) can load it when you import the 'Core' module.

Ohh, I understand. That would explain it all. I didn't link the python
module against a shared library, only as shared. Doing that instead helped.

> But this has nothing to do with boost.python, really.

I think it does since I use boost.python to create the modules. Well, it
would be the same even if I used the python C API directly but the
problem is the same with boost.python. Maybe this should be mentioned in
the boost documentation?

Anyway, thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!

--

//*David Sveningsson [eXt]*

Freelance coder | Game Development Student
http://sidvind.com

Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow
man by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for
thy creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating
beautiful new impediments to understanding.