batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

Re: SVG - PDF question on placed images in pdf

Subject: Re: SVG - PDF question on placed images in pdf
From: "Lars Eirik Rønning"
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:50:57 +0200
Hi.
I have tried to set the transcodinghint, but there is no difference.
It seems i have to scale to get the proper result.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Lars Eirik Rønning <larseirik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
oopps that a big file.. i am sorry.
I hav removed the base64 encoded image, but the structure is like this..

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Lars Eirik Rønning <larseirik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.
 at the moment i have done this using the batik-rasterizer, but i will move to the pdftranscoder
 have a look at the svg will you;)
I am not really sure how the viewBox works (i am not looking for any interactive actions in my svg..)

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Jeremias Maerki <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The SVG would be helpful to fully understand what you're trying to
achieve. Anyway, I think you could use the following hint to properly
increase the resolution for bitmap output in PDF:
  transcoder.addTranscodingHint(PDFTranscoder.KEY_DEVICE_RESOLUTION, new Float(300f));

(...instead of scaling the image)

HTH

On 13.06.2008 09:09:41 Lars Eirik Rønning wrote:
> Hi.
> I have sucessfully generated my pdf from batik by adding replacing vector
> elements with rasterized images.
> The elements are placed within a symbol and instantiated with a <use>
> element.
> The rasterized image has been resized to fit the placeholder element , thus
> matching height and length.
> To get the 300dpi required i have scaled the image with (0.24).
>
> When i open the pdf in acrobat reader and click the image the shaded area
> exceeds the image data by far.
> I also did add a viewBox which should be appropriate for the image.
> Each image uses the preserveAspectRatio="XmidYMax" to fill out the entire
> area.
>
> Any explanation on understanding why the shaded area exceeds the image data
> in the pdf would be great..
>
> If you desire i will be more than happy to send an svg and the corresponding
> pdf.

Jeremias Maerki