Re: [apnic-talk] Election Reforms

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Election Reforms
From: Andy Davidson
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 16:15:49 +0100
On 9 Jun 2010, at 16:11, Randy Whitney wrote:

>> 2. “no proportionate voting”
> Disagree. I would further assert that Naresh is incorrect in his
> understanding of voting in the other RIRs. Within the RIPE community for
> example, many companies represented in voting have multiple votes, some more
> than 20. This means that of the five RIRs, _THREE_ have what is being refer
> to as "proportionate voting". That represents the majority.

Only if they operate multiple registries/NCC memberships.  e.g. different
business units (MyCompany UK, MyCompany FR, etc.) may operate different LIRs,
they pay their own sums, they get their own vote.  Each LIR though has a single

A single organisation with multiple memberships is very much the exception, not
the rule.

Sticking my neck out here as a casual observer, hope this is not too rude - but
I think the one member, one vote system is fairest.

apnic-talk mailing list