Re: [apnic-talk] Elections

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Elections
From: "Col. R. S. Perhar"
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:52:33 +0530

Have been going through the mails with respective views of all participants. Intresting in content ,bluntness and respective perceptions.

I agree only to the extent with Mathew that we need to put forth the true motivations and concerns and there after put forth suggestions for changes proposed with reasoning.

Now lets see what Naresh is saying. Naresh is wanting that the complete election system be discussed and see if improvements can be incorporated which broad base the representation.(nothing wrong in motives here) The experience of the current election and defeat of the candidate have certainly motivated him( Nothing wrong in case you find something wrong and get up and ask for changes to improve the system.)

Like I have said in my earlier mail, there is something, be it voting pattern, cartelization of votes… which is resulting in election going in a predetermined direction.

I propose that suggestions be sent to APNIC by the community with following-:

1.       APNIC be asked to circulate the current system of elections , handling of votes, counting process and rules for problem resolving. APNIC may ask for suggestions and proposals from the community on each of these issues.

2.       Suggestions of the community on number of terms for an individual on the EC.

3.       How to address the issue of providing representation of smaller countries on the EC. This may be done by organizing country lists into Large ,Medium, Small. The Small and Medium being given a rotational seat in the EC.

The APNIC EC in its wisdom may take on itself to go ahead and get the above done as a proof of their desire to do best for the community.

Col R S Perhar