Re: [apnic-talk] Elections

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Elections
From: Jonny Martin
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:03:36 +0630
On Mar 9, 2010, at 10:40 AM, Naresh Ajwani wrote:
> In my opinion, “Internet is the leveller” but the table and the
> process of Elections are distinctively dividing the region- I may be
> wrong in assuming the same but really dont know that how Bangladesh,
> Pakistan, Sri Lanka and many such countries can get the
> representation in current EC structure.

But being on the EC is not about "representation".  It is about acting
in the best interests of APNIC and the APNIC community as a whole.  It
is not about representing a specific region or member organisation.
(You had quoted the roles and responsibilities of an EC member in your
original post so you should be aware of this).

A large part of being a Director on any Board (EC included) is
understanding conflict of interest - and exercising good and proper
judgement when it does, or could be perceived to arise.  I completely
trust the current EC in this regard.

Cheers,
Jonny.